Be sure to check the bulletin boards outside the Counseling Office for additional information about College Visits, and College Fair information!
All college visits are listed in Naviance (Family Connections). Seniors and Juniors may sign up by clicking on the College tab then select "view all upcoming college visits". Students who have set up their Family Connection account will receive notification emails when a college in their list is scheduled.
VACRAO College Fair 2017
September 25, 2017 - Osbourn Park High School 6:00-8:00 pm
October 12, 2017 - Freedom High School 6:00-8:00 pm
Frostburg State University announces an exciting option for your college-bound seniors: our Regional Resident Tuition Rate.
Out-of-state students who live within a 120-mile radius of Frostburg’s campus can now attend FSU for a significantly reduced rate – a savings of nearly $4,800 per year for full-time enrollment.
Your students could be eligible for this new tuition rate. Check this map of our Regional Resident zone.
Frostburg State University offers many exciting opportunities for your students. Some of our points of pride are:
· Unique majors including Ethnobotany, Adventure Sports Management, and Secure Computing & Information Assurance
· Accreditation by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Individual programs have earned national recognition as well, such as our AACSB-accredited College of Business and our ABET-accredited engineering programs.
· New facilities like the Gira Center for Communications and Information Technology, with a multimedia learning center and planetarium, state-of-the-art television and radio studios, a 3-D printing lab and more.
Virginia College Application week will start on November 14, 2016. To help you with your decisions, we would like to provide you with and online resource to research and compare Virginia
colleges and universities.
Gradpath is an easy-to-use online and mobile tool that can help
you and your child make an informed college choice. Gradpath
can help you weigh the pros and cons of Virginia colleges and compare them based on real student outcomes.
At www.GradpathVA.com, you can now find and compare Virginia colleges based on criteria that are most important to you and your student. You can sort and filter results-based on intended major, tuition, or distance from home - get practical, personalized information.
Gradpath is available to our school as part of a pilot study being conducted in partnership with the Virginia Department of Education. We hope you find this new resource useful.
You can start searching and comparing now at www.GradpathVA.com.
NACAC Fairs: The National Association of College Admissions Counseling (NACAC) A list of fairs across the entire Untied States
College Week Live - allows students to attend virtual open houses and talk live with admissions representatives
College Application Process
Common Questions and Answers To The College Application Process
Countdown To College Powerpoint Presentation (includes timeline for Juniors and Seniors)
Log into Naviance (Family Connection) - college search/application tool Click HERE
Transcript Requests for current students
Transcripts are requested through Naviance (Family Connection)
- Log in to the Naviance website
- Select the Colleges tab at the top of the page
- Click the Transcript tab on the left side of the page
- Select the type of transcript you are requesting (college/scholarships/athletics)
- For college requests, select the type of application (Regular, Early Action, etc.)
- Select lookup and search for the name of the college you have applied to
- Click Request Transcript at the bottom of the screen
- Print a copy of the transcript status page for your records
- Bring payment to Mrs. Lysohir. The first three transcripts are no charge. All transcripts after the first three are $5.00. Midyear and final transcripts are no charge; they are included with the initial request.
- Scholarship and NCAA transcript request are free of charge.
- ALLOW TWO WEEKS TO PROCESS A TRANSCRIPT REQUEST!!
****The BDHS School Counseling Department asks for 10 business days to process college transcript requests and counselor recommendation letters.
Students are responsible for submitting their application to the college
(usually online through the college website)
and requesting that their SAT/ACT scores be sent to each college (through collegeboard.com or ACT.org).
Transcript and Application Process Fees: Effective 9/18/12 per PWCS Regulation 790-2
First 3 official transcript requests
Any transcript requests beyond
the first 3 requests
per transcript request **
NCAA Clearinghouse transcripts
**Any student who has been granted a fee or waiver for the SAT, ACT, or a specific college application may request a transcript fee waiver at the school level. Schools will deal with these unique and extenuating circumstances on an individual basis as needed.**
How to apply to Northern Virginia Community College
College Recognition of Cambridge courses
Early College Scholars Program - students who plan to take 5 or more AICE/AP courses in high school should sign and turn in the Early College Scholars agreement to the School Counseling Department
123Go! Virginia's Three Steps to College
The College Place- free help for students applying to college Phone: 703-680-3729 or 1-866-326-2827 (toll free)
College Board - sign up for SATs, college search tool, much more!
- website presented by College Board to help students plan for college
NCAA Eligibility Center - students who are interested in playing Division I or II sports in college must complete the NCAA eligibility process